Sunday, November 13, 2005

Book Review: The Truth (with jokes) by Al Franken

Rather than suffer flashbacks from my grade school book report days, I'll just say read the book: THE TRUTH (with jokes). The first half stands out to me because Franken offers one of the best recaps of the 2004 election I've read, in all its gory, gut wrenching details.

His analysis, while certainly laugh out loud funny in spots, is an honest account of how Bush used "fear, smear, and queers" to win the closest re-election of an incumbent President in American history.

Franken debunks both right-wing and left-wing Kerry bashing from the swift boat vets, to supposed flip-flops, to Kerry's views on Iraq.

In a way I think the book may be harder for ultra lefties to read because it clearly makes the case that Kerry wasn't that bad of a candidate, despite some miscues. I know that's Hearsay to some.

Based on Franken's analysis I would almost go so far as to say Kerry could be the leading contender for 2008 (if he decides to run) because he has already faced the smear tactics, but that's just one man's opinion. Read the book to form your own.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home