Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Kerry, McCain Share Cancer Survivor Stories With Lance Armstrong Foundation

Senator John Kerry of Massachusetts and Senator John McCain of Arizona, two of the nation's most high profile Senators and cancer survivors, joined the Lance Armstrong Foundation (LAF) in the fight against cancer by posting their personal stories about living with cancer at http://www.livestrong.org.

Just as he was beginning his presidential campaign, Senator Kerry, 61, was diagnosed with prostate cancer. After surgery in 2003, he is now cancer-free. "The Lance Armstrong Foundation believes that while you can get cancer out of your body, the lessons never leave your life," said Senator Kerry. "I know how true this is. My brush with prostate cancer reminded me how lucky I was, and that too many people aren't as lucky. I share my story because I know how important it is to pass experience and practical advice on to others battling cancer."

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The statistics on cancer including cancer lung picture are quite frightening. I liked the information in your blog that also included for cancer lung picture. One day everyone will be able to win the fight agaianst cancer but I fear that it will not be in my lifetime.

10:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home