Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Kerry, McCain Share Cancer Survivor Stories With Lance Armstrong Foundation

Senator John Kerry of Massachusetts and Senator John McCain of Arizona, two of the nation's most high profile Senators and cancer survivors, joined the Lance Armstrong Foundation (LAF) in the fight against cancer by posting their personal stories about living with cancer at http://www.livestrong.org.

Just as he was beginning his presidential campaign, Senator Kerry, 61, was diagnosed with prostate cancer. After surgery in 2003, he is now cancer-free. "The Lance Armstrong Foundation believes that while you can get cancer out of your body, the lessons never leave your life," said Senator Kerry. "I know how true this is. My brush with prostate cancer reminded me how lucky I was, and that too many people aren't as lucky. I share my story because I know how important it is to pass experience and practical advice on to others battling cancer."

7 Comments:

Blogger jon said...

I was looking at your posts about cancer jennings peter and found a good article about the same cancer jennings peter info too...

God luck with it : )

8:39 AM  
Blogger cerulean resources said...

Looking for cervical cancer symptom information I came across this post. I totally agree with you and would feel the same way!

jon

7:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The statistics on cancer including cancer lung picture are quite frightening. I liked the information in your blog that also included for cancer lung picture. One day everyone will be able to win the fight agaianst cancer but I fear that it will not be in my lifetime.

10:15 AM  
Blogger amacdrummer said...

I was searcing for cancer colon symptom info when I came accross your cancer colon symptom blog... I think you would like **THIS**

9:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a pancreas cancer site. It pretty much covers pancreas cancer related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

-----------------------------------------------------

6:02 PM  
Blogger Editor said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a cancer site. It pretty much covers Cancer related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

4:49 AM  
Blogger Editor said...

Wow that´s a great blog that you have there, mine is slightly differnent but it basically covers the same topics.

I have a skin cancer symptom site. It pretty much covers Cancer related stuff.

Check it out, you won´t regret it... Cheers.. Roger From Http://www.havecancer.com

11:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home