Kerry Highlights 2005 Accomplishments
Together, we had an amazing year in 2005, mobilizing grassroots volunteers, supporting Democratic candidates, and fighting for the issues and causes we care about most.
Take a look at all that we accomplished together in 2005:
* This past November, our 3 million citizen volunteers helped spearhead Get Out The Vote efforts in critical Democratic victories across the nation.
* Since the end of 2004, together we gave $4.5 million to Democratic candidates, committees, state parties, and progressive causes.
* We mobilized to protect the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge from the Bush-Cheney drill-at-any-cost onslaught.
* We garnered endorsements from over 700,000 citizens, from every state in the nation, for our Kids First Act to provide health care for the 11 million uninsured children.
* Our national lawyers' network helped ensure that the voting problems of 2000 and 2004 were not repeated in 2005, and it is poised to do it again in 2006.
* You also helped me travel around the country to rally citizens, engage grassroots volunteers, and help raise funds on behalf of Democrats.
* In Pennsylvania, we've helped Bob Casey wage a strong Senate campaign that has incumbent Rick Santorum on his heels. Long a poster boy for mindless support of Bush policies and the right-wing agenda, Santorum is now scrambling to convince Pennsylvania voters otherwise.
* In Washington state, we've stood by Senator Maria Cantwell. She joined me in leading the fight to protect the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge - and now powerful oil company special interests are coming after her with everything they've got.
* In Florida, we're helping Senator Bill Nelson, who is running for re-election against Katherine Harris. As you know, Harris made a name for herself by playing a leading role in the 2000 Florida voting fiasco, and we will not allow her to parlay her partisanship into a seat in the Senate.
And we're just getting started. Together in 2006 we'll help more Democrats achieve victory at the local, state, and national level. And we'll be there, each and every day, to make sure no Democrat stands alone against the Republicans' underhanded election tactics and facts-be-damned campaign ads. Stay tuned for the next steps in our work together.